A wall is a structure and a surface that defines an area; carries a load; provides security, shelter, or soundproofing; or, is decorative. There are many kinds of walls, including:
– Walls in buildings that form a fundamental part of the superstructure or separate interior rooms, sometimes for fire safety
– Glass walls (a wall in which the primary structure is made of glass; does not include openings within walls that have glass coverings: these are windows)
– Border barriers between countries
– Brick walls
– Defensive walls in fortifications
– Permanent, solid fences
– Retaining walls, which hold back dirt, stone, water, or noise sound
– Stone walls
– Walls that protect from oceans (seawalls) or rivers (levees)
Loft Conversion Party Wall
Building Regulations & Party Walls for loft conversions Loft conversions always need approval under Building Regulations (irrespective of whether they need planning permission) so it pays to adopt the full plans application approach and have a detailed scheme approved before you find a builder.
Damp Proofing Wall
When it comes to damp proofing walls with damp proof paint, the best results are achieved by applying the paint to the background substrate and then covering with a render or plaster. This creates a sandwich system that holds the damp proof layer within the makeup of the wall, keeping moisture at bay.
We are still working and quoting throughout this period using safe social distancing advice. We can quote from existing surveys or from photos or virtual guided tour if preferred. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.